Monday, July 27, 2009

Good-bye, feathered friends!

After waiting a few days to see if they came back (which they did not), it was time to tear down our bird nest. Evan was very excited (as pictured below), but I miss seeing their angry little faces stare me down as I walked in and out of my own home. See you next year, our fine feathered friends!




This weekend we (finally) painted Elisabeth's room! She'd picked out a light purple color and was intent on helping us paint. The finished product is awesome! The color looks great with her curtains and furniture. And we were able to put things on the wall!!!


Elisabeth made her bed for the pictures. :)



And she has played in her room every day since we finished. Poor baby, I think she didn't feel like she could play in the room because it was so piled and not finished. :( She's always been proud of having her own room and would show EVERYONE who walked in our door in DeKalb her"big girl" room. I have a feeling that she will be doing the same thing here too. Plus, now that we don't have to keep all of her toys in her room, she's having a much easier time keeping her room clean. (Now, the play area in the loft is completely trashed, but, baby steps)

Next weekend--Julia's room!!!!

1 comment: