Saturday, I went to my first book signing.
The author happened to be Ree Drummond aka Pioneer Woman.
I was excited. Super excited. Major super duper excited.
Our friends Jordan and Chelsey were visiting the same weekend. I warned them when they called to plan the trip that it was ok for them to visit as long as they understood that I was seeing Pioneer Woman in Denver that Saturday. Chelsey said she'd love to go with me. I've always liked Chelsey.
We left for the Tattered Cover Book Store in Denver. I wanted to be there early because I knew there'd be a line and I wanted to be in the beginning of that line. (oh, and that book store was freaking awesome!!!)
Kim and Rachel were meeting us there. They really liked Chelsey from the get-go.
See that lady sitting in the chair to the left? She was #1. That's how fabulous of a spot in line we had!!!
Pioneer Woman was going to talk and field questions for about 20 minutes before starting the signing of the books. We were in the third row!
We were numbers 22-25 in line! I was super duper-dy excited.
We brought snacks.
And then, Pioneer Woman finally came into the room!
She was funny and sincere. She made us giggle and I loved actually seeing the person whose blog I read daily, whose recipe book I love so much it's falling apart, and who's new book I read in a day and loved. Ooh, and she said that she's working on a second cook book!!!!! It's due out in 2012!!!!!! When it came to our turn to get our books signed, I will not lie, I was nervous. What do you say to the person who you know everything about because you've been reading her blog for almost years and read her book about how she met her rancher husband but she doesn't know you from Tom, Dick or Harry?
Easy. You mumble hello and then clam up like the shyest person to walk the planet.
Yep. That's what I did. I turned shy. And quiet. It was awesome.
But, I did find my voice in time to say, "Um...I do have a request."
PW: "Sure, what is it?"
VA: "Can you please sign my crack?"
I then proceeded to show her that my cook book was falling apart from frequent usage and that the spine was showing. Thank heavens she laughed and said yes, she'd sign it.
After mumbling my "Thanks" and my "It was nice to meet you"s, I stood and took pictures of the other girls getting their books signed.


Group photo!!!
I had so much fun. Not only was meeting Pioneer Woman the most exciting thing on the planet, but I had such a blast with Rachel, Kim and Chelsey. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. In fact, we laughed so much that when it was our turn to meet Pioneer Woman, she told us that our laughter was infectious.

Best. Day. Ever.
I then proceeded to show her that my cook book was falling apart from frequent usage and that the spine was showing. Thank heavens she laughed and said yes, she'd sign it.
After mumbling my "Thanks" and my "It was nice to meet you"s, I stood and took pictures of the other girls getting their books signed.

Group photo!!!
I had so much fun. Not only was meeting Pioneer Woman the most exciting thing on the planet, but I had such a blast with Rachel, Kim and Chelsey. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. In fact, we laughed so much that when it was our turn to meet Pioneer Woman, she told us that our laughter was infectious. 
Best. Day. Ever.
Your happy photos made me smile. Love the name of that bookstore. The crack signature is hilarious.
ReplyDeleteNow I must google Pioneer Woman...!
THAT SOUNDS LIKE SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!! So jealous. Seriously! And you really liked her novel, huh? I knew she had one out, but I haven't really looked into it. It sounds like an amazing day :D
ReplyDelete