1)
Well, it's been a big week for me in that earlier this week my dear friend, Kara, and I launched our new blog--Mea Cuppa. It's been really exciting seeing people responding so positively to it all. I think Kara summed it up nicely in our facebook description, "A lifestyle blog geared towards a simple life. And wine and coffee and books". I'm so excited. If you haven't yet, go check it out. And, as has been asked of me a couple of times, no, I will not be ditching Elisablog. I love using this as a platform for keeping up with my little family. I told Evan last night that I've been blogging on here for 5 years (holy crap, 5 years?!?!). It's like a journal of our family life. :)
2)
Evan was whining the other day (and by other day, I mean every ding dong night) that the cats love me more than him. He's right, but I don't rub it in because 1.that's rude and 2.I would LOVE for the cats to show someone else in this house some affection. Figaro has never been a lap cat. He's more of a "sit really close to you so he's touching you but nothing too serious to be confused with sitting 'on' you" kind of cat. Eisenhower only sits on me. And when he sits on me, he walks up to my chest and either gets as close to my face as possible or lets his fat, fat lower end drag him to my lap so his paws are trying to touch my face but his bottom half is melted into my side. I'll have to share pictures with you all soon to show you what I mean. But, dude, I am not a cuddle-er, even with pets. So, back to Evan. He is all jealous because he is a cuddle-er and would love for the cats to sit on him. But, I keep telling him, they're cats. Cats are generally not cuddly. However, Evan had a cat, Tuxedo (which he will want me to tell you was THE BEST CAT EVER), that he picked out when he was in 4th grade. Tuxedo was a cuddle-er. In fact, she was kind of like a dog. So, last night, we had the same conversation we always have when Eisenhower invades my personal space--Evan complains the cats don't sit with him, that we have reject cats. I remind him that cats are not those kind of pets, what he is describing is a DOG. He then says, "Than why don't I have a dog?" to which I respond "Because we are in the military and can only have 2 pets and you kept on insisting on cats!". We're super fun, yes? ;)
3)
We're towards the tail end of the softball/tball season. The weather has been SO much nicer this year than last. Going to games has been much more enjoyable.
4)
So, every game, Vivian brings her dump truck. There is a little brother of one of the other players who has started bringing his dump truck, too, and they run up and down the sidewalk stopping to dig at the big dirt pile. One game our neighbors came to cheer on the girls (who, thankfully, always have home games in fields right next to each other so I just have to cross the sidewalk and turn the chairs around to watch the next game) and Mac brought his dump truck. The cuteness was unbearable:
5)
I need to tell you about one of our new favorite restaurants in San Antonio! It's called Cerroni's Purple Garlic. It's an Italian restaurant that is the closest we've found to some of our favorite Italian food fares from home (Avanti's, La Gondola, etc.). (Funny VA tidbit--La Gondola was my first place of employment ever! I used to get off work smelling like garlic bread and spaghetti. My friends said it made them hungry if I came to visit them right after work.) My neighbor asked us to go with one time and told us to bring V's dump truck because there was a giant sandbox for the kids on the outside patio. Dude, this place rocks. Not only can you smell the heavenly smells from outside, but then you walk into the restaurant and it just hits you right in the nostrils. The food is a good price, kids eat free Wednesdays and Saturdays, and the sandbox is a childhood dream come true. They have a huge chalkboard and toys for the kids, so you don't have to bring any from home if you don't want to. The girls had a blast and we've been back a couple more times since.
Plus, with Texas weather, eating outside is possible almost all year round. They have a canopy over most of the patio and misters for really hot days over all the eating area and the sand. Plus, because they obviously love children and families, they have a sink on the patio for the kids to wash up before they eat so you don't have to go traipsing into the restaurant. I can not recommend this place enough!
6)
It's almost summer time!!! Elisabeth has her last day of school on June 6th, the girls have their recital the next day, and then all activities are done-zo! Elisabeth is taking a dance summer class in July for 5 Thursdays and I do want to enroll Julia in some swim lessons to help her out of her doggy paddle stage, but that's only for a couple of weeks. Otherwise, there are endless days of nothing ahead of us. I've got a few ideas for summer field trips, but nothing too daunting. I love having a free schedule.
7)
Yesterday the girls and I went to the Quadrangle to visit our feathered friends. I'll be posting more on that later, but thought you might like to see one of the peacocks who followed us around the whole time.
Please be sure to stop by Jennifer Fulwiler's Conversion Diary and check out all the other 7 Quick Takes from loads of other blogs!! It's such an easy way to get to know bloggers' sites and the bloggers themselves!

No comments:
Post a Comment