This is the loft upstairs. The owner was originally going to make it into a fourth bedroom, but decided to leave it open. We are going to make it a play area/computer area/guest room.

The girls' rooms are upstairs. The Dora the Explorer wall paper you seen is going to be torn down due to tackiness. :P There is a small closet and the bathroom is the door to the right. Elisabeth is ecstatic to have her own bathroom!

This is our backyard. Elisabeth is appreciative of the "private" fence. Sometimes she wants to play and she doesn't want others to watch her play. The deck is right off the kitchen area and will have chairs and table soonish (hopefully).

This is the kitchen. It is GINORMOUS! I love it. I will cook happily in it.

This is the staircase. The doorway under the staircase leads to the master bedroom. We have our own bathroom, which is lovely!

This is the mudroom/laundry room. The door leads to the garage. Notice I have upgraded from a laundry closet in DeKalb to a laundry hallway in Colorado Springs!!! Someday it may be an actual room!!!!!! (I'm not complaining, I truly am excited that it's not a closet! And has shelves to put things on instead of on top of the dryer!)
This is the unfinished basement. It is massive. Elisabeth will be able to tap dance, skate or run in circles all winter down there.
I am trying to pack up what we have here in Pekin so I can either UPS it to Evan in Colorado or shove it into the Gallant's trunk and haul it with us when we drive out. Not fun. Ebeth has been scrutinizing every little thing I put in a box, in case it's something that needs played with ASAP. However, I realized that I had been negligent and didn't acutally say how Evan found us a house! He was really looking at about 3 different houses, sending me pictures, and calling me to tell me the pros and cons of the 3. We narrowed it down to two and he went back to rethink what would work best for us. The first house was gorgeous, had 4 bedrooms, a sun room, nice kitchen, and about 4 different stair ways that would needed gated off. The other house had 3 bedrooms, a huge unfinished basement, and only one staircase to gate off. We decided to go with the second one, and Evan was able to move in right away!!!! Poor Evan has now had to pretty much unpack everything all by himself, but at least he's not living in a hotel on base anymore!
Don't worry, though, because while he's had the burden of unpacking, Julia made sure to continue with the whole "being dramatically sick and making Mommy lose sleep" bit that she's been doing since we moved here. Monday night, around 12:45AM, Julia starts crying, which is normal since that's usually when she wakes to eat. I walk in and instantly smell vomit. She has puked EVERYWHERE!!! It's on the sheets, pillow, blankets, her pajamas, her hair! Ebeth kind of woke up (probably because I was making gagging noises) and asked what was wrong. When told, she plopped right back down and fell back asleep. Not me, though. I had to strip the crib, take a very tired, sad Julia to the bathroom and put her straight into the tub. She enjoyed her middle-of-the-night bath, and once I had her cleaned up and was trying to decide whether I should put her back down with me or go sleep on the recliner downstairs, she pukes all over herself again. Recliner! I strip her naked, take a pillow for me and a beach towel and head downstairs. Here is where my geniusness comes in--you see, I didn't want to have to keep changing us if she puked again, so I laid the beach towel on me, laid Julia on my tummy, and then everytime she puked, I just folded the towel to a clean part and laid her back down. We never had to get up!!! Julia puked every half hour until 5:00AM. She finally slept till 6:30 without vomitting. It was the saddest thing. She'd wake up whimpering and restless, she'd puke, and then she'd instantly fall back asleep. I called her doctor's office and the nurse said that the GI virus was going around, that Julia definitely sounded like she had it, and to watch for dehydration and after 8 hours of no puking, to put her on the BRATT diet for 48 hours. I had to spoon feed her water to keep her hydrated, but she did stop puking. Ugh! I was sooooo tired. Thankfully, she napped for 3.5 hours and I was able to nap as well.
She's doing MUCH better today, so I took her to see my mom so I could get a couple of things done here. Which I"m doing by updating my blog. See how productive I am?!
Well, I'd better get back to packing because Evan does read this and he will gloat that he's not the only one who procrastinates and then mock me. [sigh] I sure do miss him.
No comments:
Post a Comment