Yesterday, Elisabeth's little friend came knocking on our door announcing, "Elisabeth got hurt." So, I go out to see what happened, and here hobbles Elisabeth with blood running down the bridge of her nose. She's definitely been crying and her other friend is helping to walk her home. When we asked what happened, Elisabeth replies, "I fell when I was chasing my friend." Yep, she totally face planted while running. The girl is such a klutz!!!! Well, we wiped her up and nothing was broken (thankfully) or in need of stitches (again, thankfully). See, we're trying to go the whole month of July without an ER visit. It'll be the first month in a LONG LONG LONG LONG time where we haven't been to the ER (please see other months' postings). She does have some major road rash on her face. While eating dinner (with an ice pack over her face), Evan asks her why she didn't use her hands to catch herself. Her response--"Because I fell on my face." Of course. So, later in the week when I get around to posting more pictures, that is what happened to Elisabeth's face.
So, the other day I happened to get upon the scale in our bathroom and almost had a severe heart attack. What is up? Oh, just my weight. It's not anything that hasn't been up since I had Elisabeth, but you know what, I'm finally sick of it. I'm finally sick of dealing with this weight. The other day Elisabeth said she was bored and headed straight to the pantry. Um, not good!!!! And I know I totally do that. It made me really sad and self conscience that I'm showing really poor eating habits. So, Monday I did something about it. I joined Weight Watchers (again) and am not kidding around this time. So far, I've lost 4 pounds in 4 days, which I know isn't going to be my every week and is because I'm actually watching what I eat and exercising twice a day, but it's a nice incentive to start out with. I did not realize how often I was heading to the kitchen to graze until I had to count everything in my food journal online. I also started walking twice a day, once in the morning with the girls and once at night when Evan gets home and lets me go by myself.
Now, I'm not good with really long term goals. I tend to get frustrated and forgetful about them. Right now, my goal is just to be 1o pounds lighter by my birthday (Sept. 23). Then we'll take it one step at a time. And now that I've told you guys, I'll feel even more compelled to meet that goal so as not to let you people down!!!
Wish me luck!!!
Good for you! I too about had a heart attack in June when I had the courage to step on the scale. I lost most of my weight right after Layla and kept it off with nursing, however when that ended the weight slowly came back on. I've been watching what I eat and running almost every day. I've still got a LONG way to go, but I'm feeling better about myself. Congrats on your 4 pounds so far!!
ReplyDeleteThanks! My goal is to eventually make jogging a part of my work out, but I'm not quite there yet. :)
ReplyDeleteYou go girl! You'll do it!
ReplyDelete