Thursday, August 20, 2009

And the new epidemic in our home is....

Hand foot mouth disease!!!! Hooray! And guess which kid has it---that's right, it's Julia!

So, here's how this story goes. I recently started going to the YMCA to take spinning classes (which are totally kicking my butt and SUCH a good workout!) and Julia has been very happily going to the kid center. Our first day was this past Monday. That night she seemed to be teething again and had a slight fever. On Tuesday, Evan notices she has a cancer sore. She is crying non stop and not happy with anything we try to appease her with. She doesn't sleep well Tuesday night whatsoever. On Wednesday, she has a couple more cancer sores and is just crying out in pain like she's bitten her tongue or something. I was reading another mommy blog when she mentioned her son had Hand Foot Mouth disease. I just stared at the screen and thought, "ah, crap. Julia totally has that." I go over and look, and sure enough, she has a blister on the bottom of each foot and one on her right palm. I call the doctor's office and the nurse tells me that is definitely what Julia has and that there's not much I can do except keep giving her tylenol and some mylanta to coat her mouth and throat. She could have this for 7-10 days.

Seriously? Could I catch a break please? This child catches EVERYTHING. I mean, you may recall earlier posts of me saying she had such things as pneumonia and the GI virus. We are so gonna get swine flu. I am giving that kid the flu shot as soon as they stinking let us. I may even camp outside the doctor's office. So, anyway, we're just trudging through, trying to make her as comfortable as possible. Hopefully, Elisabeth won't get it.

Yesterday was the girls' and my 3 month anniversary of living in Colorado!!! That sounds like such a short amount of time, but it feels like we've been here forever. I can finally get around places without using the Garmin all the time. I have gotten involved in several groups and am slowly creating a group of friends out here. But, the best part is being with Evan again. Being away from him seemed like such a long time ago, but I know when we were going through it it felt like freaking eternity (see previous blogs before May 19).

I know some of you are so sad that this post has no pictures, and for that I apologize. I have not had a chance to load any on the computer, so you'll just have to wait. I'm making you practice your patience skills. I'm so helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment