At least, it super feels like we've been super busy. Seems like when it's spring time, it's time for a bunch of field trips or traditional excursions. You know? School's wrapping up (which is always full of things to attend) and summer's approaching (so we're finding more things to go to outside).
In April alone, we seemed to have something planned weekly. We went to the Colorado Springs Auto Show at the World Arena. Not a huge car venue (like the Denver Auto Show we went to last year but missed this year). Evan loves auto shows and we've been attending them yearly since I was pregnant with Elisabeth. We've been to auto shows in Peoria, Chicago and Geneva, Illinois and now the ones in Denver and Co Springs.



Julia was stoked to see Muno at the car show. She's a Yo Gabba Gabba fan.
I have no idea what this thing is, but Ebeth thought it was adorable.

A couple weeks later, the church the girls' attended on Wednesday nights had a "end of the season" party at Skate City. Ebeth has her own roller blades from last Christmas and Evan has some too, so they skated together while Julia and I played some skiball. I don't want to brag, but I won a lot of tickets due to my skiball skills.
Rachel and her kiddos were there too. Elisabeth is all about odd faces in photos these days...
Sometimes Elisabeth didn't cling to the wall!
But, most of the time she did.

Julia was so proud of Evan for skating. At one point she told him, "Hey, I need wheels too!".
There was face painting. How cute is Ebeth's face painting?! I love the cloud nose.
Mabel chose to be a dog. I was borderline on being creeped out (I hate fully painted faces. It freaks me the eff out).

Rachel and her kiddos were there too. Elisabeth is all about odd faces in photos these days...
Sometimes Elisabeth didn't cling to the wall!
But, most of the time she did.
Julia was so proud of Evan for skating. At one point she told him, "Hey, I need wheels too!".
There was face painting. How cute is Ebeth's face painting?! I love the cloud nose.
Mabel chose to be a dog. I was borderline on being creeped out (I hate fully painted faces. It freaks me the eff out).
At the end of April, Elisabeth and I went to see a production of Pippi Longstocking. Kyle bought Elisabeth the book and the tickets to see this show for Christmas.
Elisabeth is such a theater junkie. Not that she's ever had a choice in the matter. We've been taking her to see plays since she was barely 3.
I was very impressed with the production. It was a musical and the cast was excellent. It was a community theater troupe that does child friendly shows. There were booths an hour before the show with crafts and activities for the kids to do that kind of introduced things about Pippi. The program was full of games and activities as well.
After the show, there were cookies and milk and the cast would sign the autograph page in the program. Elisabeth loves getting to meet the actors.

It was so much fun. Definitely a community theater troupe to take your kids to if you live in the Colorado Springs area.
Elisabeth is such a theater junkie. Not that she's ever had a choice in the matter. We've been taking her to see plays since she was barely 3.
I was very impressed with the production. It was a musical and the cast was excellent. It was a community theater troupe that does child friendly shows. There were booths an hour before the show with crafts and activities for the kids to do that kind of introduced things about Pippi. The program was full of games and activities as well.
After the show, there were cookies and milk and the cast would sign the autograph page in the program. Elisabeth loves getting to meet the actors. 
It was so much fun. Definitely a community theater troupe to take your kids to if you live in the Colorado Springs area.Don't worry, May is just as packed full of activities. I'm super excited about a couple of them (like the overnight at the zoo!!!!!!!)
pippy longstalking, coming into your world. The freckle face red-haired girl....you gonna know...
ReplyDelete