This week, I have been trying to keep my cool with two small girls who are both growing through physical and developmental growth spurts. There have been lots of tears, whining, tantrums, and confusion. I've tried to put out small fires with cuddles, snacks, and wine (me only, not them) (unless someone tells me it will shut them up...).
But, in the eye of the storms of growth spurts, there have been lots of playing. Julia got a porcelain tea set from us for her birthday and will weekly drag it out and have a tea party with Vivian (who is a questionably mannered guest).
It's been hard lately having school with Julia because I am pretty sure that Vivian is trying to sabotage our school time. She will refuse to sit, will demand snacks, will try to rip books out of my hands, or just cry and scream. Super fun. I have polled other homeschooling moms with toddlers around and I am not alone. I have some new tactics to try to keep her occupied, but I am pretty sure I'm just going to put her in a dog pen...in the neighbor's yard...
Elisabeth just asked to compare hands with me. They are the exact same size. Sigh.
I realize that i have not posted about her turning 11 (which she did this past Saturday), but I am working on it. For some reason, her turning 11 has been harder to deal with than when she turned 10. Sigh.
Tonight, Elisabeth and Evan are going to the high school football game so Ebeth can participate in the pre-game Fun Run. You get to participate by reading a certain amount of books for the month. Shocking that Ebeth can participate, I'm sure. :) Last Fun Run was a few weeks ago and Elisabeth asked Julia if she wanted to come along. So, Evan took the two older girls and took the camera with him.
Evan is more pesty with the camera than I am. I love that he got these bored, waiting faces. :)
This face cracks me up!:
Julia had never been to a football game before. She liked parts of it but found it long and boring.
Except when she realized she could cheer. "GO DEFENSE!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment