The day after Christmas, we packed up and headed to Illinois to spend time with our families. The girls were super duper hoping for snow. They wanted to watch it fall, they wanted to play in it, they wanted to go sledding. We arrived in Pekin on Friday, December 27th and it did not snow gobs until the day we left, January 2nd. So, while i packed up the car to leave Illinois, the kids bundled up and played in the snow.
It was the first time Vivian had seen or played in snow. She was surprisingly very excited.
Why does your Vivian have a sore on her forehead, you ask? Because she likes to rub her head against walls. Completely normal...
How cute are they all bundled up? We have zero reason to bundle up like this in Texas. Zero. In fact, yesterday, it was 76 degrees.
What kind of boots are your girls wearing in the snow, Virginia? Oh, pink cowboy boots. Matching ones. They're the only boots we own...
What I loved is that Ethan and Owen were so excited for the girls to see snow. They wanted it to snow just as much as my kids did just so they could all play in it together.
And, because they are awesome, Nina and Papa had the toboggan ready just in case it snowed enough. They came over in the morning and took all 5 kids sledding down the hills on the golf course behind Kyle's house.
I'm very thankful that the girls got to experience a white Christmas. I do miss the smell of snow and how glittery and pretty it is after it has freshly fallen. However, I will say that there was a part of me (a large part, right around pancreas) that is so very glad that we do not live where it snows. Dude, it is cold up north. Like, painful to breathe in cold. And, you have to scrape your car and warm it up. There is so much to make sure you have to avoid your children turning into popsicles like gloves, scarves, hats, big coats, all clothing fleece, tall socks. We took up an obscene amount of room in the church pew due to having to take off all the layers. I do not miss those parts of winter.
See? I keep telling you all, the longer I live here, the more Texified I become!! It's in the water, I swear it.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment