Friday, April 25, 2014

7 Quick Takes

Taking another stab at joining Conversion Diary for Friday's 7 Quick Takes. I seem to always remember that I want to participate in 7 Quick Takes on like the Sunday or Monday afterwards. 

So typical.

1)
It is supposed to be in the 90s for the foreseeable future. We've just had such nice actual spring time weather that having it jump up to the 90s so fast is disheartening. I love temps in the high 70s and low 80s, which is what it's been until this week. This is when it occurs to me that, ugh, I still live in Texas.

2)
Vivian is really into being a super hero. Here she is in what I can only assume is some sort of French Superhero costume...


3)
It is almost the end of April and I have not read that many books this month. Between being super busy with the girls' dance classes and tball/softball schedule, I just haven't had a chance to read as much. Plus, I have been into non-fiction literature lately, which takes WAY longer to get through. So, while I still have been reading daily, I'm not flying through them like I normally do. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I need my family to leave me for a huge chunk of the day so I can poor some coffee and snuggle on the couch with my books and read for hours on end. Think that'll happen anytime soon?  Yeah, me neither.

4)
Speaking of  books, I was telling Evan that my upstairs book was really good and I was going to be sad when it was over. He started laughing and said, "You are such a nerd. You have an upstairs book and a downstairs book?! Hahahahaha." Uh...yeah. Is that not normal? I also have a purse book because I keep my kindle in there. It's not just me, right? You understand having multiple location books, right?

5)
I love roses. I don't care how cliche that statement is, I truly love having roses in my garden. I know I've talked about my roses before, but I need to share some of these pictures with you all because one of the rose bushes in our front garden has not flowered at all since we've lived here. There were three rose bushes that we inherited and it was obvious that the family before us had not tried to take care of them. So, I have been determinedly trying to save them and after the first season two of them started budding and flowering (cause roses bloom all year here), but the smallest one just was so puny and in the worst shape. I refused to give up and after over 2.5 years, that little rose bush actually bloomed!!!! See:
How pretty are its blooms?!  I had no idea what color it would be, but am so glad it's a different color than the other original two (which bloom yellow and an almost neon orange). It had 11 roses that opened last week!!!
Here is my orange one that is thriving:

6)
So, I have been a very loyal Walgreens photo customer since forever and a day. I have used their site, printed to their stores, and never strayed. But, with their newest website update, it is darn near impossible to upload pictures quickly and I have moved on to Shutterfly. Added bonus: Shutterfly types the date the picture was taken on the back of the pictures. You guys, if I had known that I would have switched to them YEARS ago!!!!  Plus, I do like having them delivered to my house instead of making a trip to Walgreens to pick them up because I always end up finding other crap I "need" while I am there. It's really just a winning situation all around.

7) 
It's that time of year when the ducks that live at the Quadrangle come and visit our homes. Well, mainly they come and hang out in our trees and on our rooftops. It's very bizarre and hilarious. Julia saw these two in our neighbor's tree and ran inside yelling, "Mommy! Get your camera, quick! You're going to be so excited!" My children truly know their mother.

1 comment:

  1. French Super Hero! HOW ADORABLE. I'm jealous of any spring weather you've gotten, because I feel like we're just going to skip over spring here in North Carolina.

    ReplyDelete