Friday, April 3, 2020

Day 21...I think...is it Friday?


We are totally taking advantage of the free online resources this month. My kids are loving ABC Mouse. We used to have it years ago when Julia was homeschooling for Kindergarten, but after she got too old for it, I cancelled the subscription. These three are very happy to have it back.


The kids have been outside almost all day, every day. I am so, so thankful for spring weather!!!

We have temporarily converted the dining into the Lego area. Legos used to be a weekend only thing (I hate dealing with Lego messes), but the kids have been quietly playing in there off and on every day and keeping the mess to that room, so I feel pretty good about this set-up.


I was totally influenced on Instagram to make this whipped coffee. I love it! Elisabeth loves it! Evan thinks it is nasty.
Recipe:
1Tbsp instant coffee
2Tbsp granulated sugar
2Tbsp hot water
Beat on high in mixer for 7 minutes.
Pour over cup filled up half way with ice and at least a cup of milk.
Stir.
Add more milk as needed.
(Some people talked about adding flavored creamers with the milk, cinnamon on top, but I do like it just the way it is!)

More Lego-ing:


This kid. No, he didn't draw on his face, he drew on his hand and then LICKED HIS HAND.


Julia dressed up yesterday and she looked beautiful!!! She said she is going to wear this to Mass the next time we're allowed back into public places.

Evan taught Julia how to make this equivalent of fried rice and she has been making it almost daily for lunch this week. It's actually delicious, if you like peas (which I don't) (I usually omit them).


Digging for worms! 


Playing video games in my childhood rocking chair.


Evan and I been going on pre-dinner walks and the clouds have been awesome lately.

We turned the calendar and all of a sudden, April seemed a lot more daunting knowing we weren't gong anywhere for the whole of it. I was able to add a few things to it (virtual piano lessons for Vivian via Zoom; Julia's small group from her youth group are going to meet on Wednesday for an hour with their leader on Google Chats).

I have to tell you guys that this whole quarantine stuff is David's dream. Seriously, this kid is thriving. No seeing other people. No loud, crowded public places. No chances of strangers or kind of strangers or even people we have known and loved for ages trying to involve him in conversations. He knows where we all are, isn't fretting over when people will be coming home from work or school, doesn't have to worry about the girls ditching him to go play at their friends' houses. He's biting his nails less, is less whiny, and is genuinely happy. I told Evan yesterday that we will have to ease back into socializing when the time comes again because it will be a real slap in the face for David. (To be fair, I also love having a free-er schedule, even though we purposely don't over book, it's nice not having busy days of running around that totally drain me.) (Also, Evan is loving us all being home as much as David, he just wishes he could still go into his office.)

It really is true that this is the time for introverts to shine. But, all the extroverts in my house are suffering daily. I'll never see them again once this quarantine is over...which will make David fret...

So, I am someone who always has to wear slippers when I am inside. Ever since breaking my foot when I was pregnant with Vivian and the terrible plaster fasciitis that I got in both of my feet afterwards, if I am not wearing something. The thing is, I usually leave my house daily, so I switch out of my slippers to put on real shoes. But, ever since we've been in our house for 21 days straight now, I have realized that #1-I probably need to wash these suckers, and #2-maybe I should invest in a second pair so I can switch off and on. (These are the thoughts you have when you stuck in quarantine in your house with your family and you don't get to think very deep thoughts because the kids don't ever stop asking questions or asking for you to help them get something or ask you what you're doing when you're just trying to find one place in this house that isn't being occupied by another person.)

No comments:

Post a Comment