
Hooray for me, because I finally uploaded pictures to the computer! Well, just so you know, it's only because Julia's still napping after 2.5 hours today (!!!), so I have some free time. She is teething and growing, which makes her cranky and tired. Yesterday I about pitched her in the trash can, but thankfully Evan came home before I was forced to take such action. Julia is VERY demanding when she doesn't feel well, and while I completely understand that she needs extra cuddling and love (which I totally do, I'm not heartless), she makes these horrific dinosaur-esque noises at me if I am not giving her my undivided attention. So, if I need to use the bathroom or eat or pick my nose, she screams and screams and screams and screams until I want to hide. I literally want to hide.
Hmm...that last paragraph makes it seem like I don't like her...so let's talk some positives before I move on. Julia is a book-a-holic right now. She loves to have us read to her and has certain favorites. She has also been weaned for a month now. When she had her lovely HandFootMouth disease, it hurt her too much to nurse, so I would just rock her to sleep. Well, she never asked to nurse again after that. Sometimes it makes me sad, because that makes her bigger than I like to admit she really is. Also, Julia is sleeping longer in the mornings--7-7:30!--so that totally makes me like her bunches. See, she's not all monsterish!
Okay, here's Elisabeth's soccer pictures from last week. She had another game today and her team (which are apparently called the Mustangs, which I did not know, which makes me a super attentive mother) won again! She was most excited.
Warm-ups before the game.
Here's Julia living up to her shirt.

She yapped her coach's ear off while being the goalie. I know, shocking!
This is when she saved the ball from going in!!!!!!!
Can you find her? She's the short girl in the white shirt.


So, for those of you who didn't hear my story of how excellent a parent I am...Last week I was getting ready in my room and Julia was putzing around the bathroom "helping" me. I went to the closet to get my shirt and turned around and Julia's holding my razor that I'd left on the side of the bathtub. I thanked her without completely freaking out (what I was secretly doing on the inside) and checked her fingers to make sure she hadn't touched the blade. Well, she had and when I squeezed her finger a bit, it started bleeding a little. No biggie, I was just going to wipe the blood and put a small band-aid on. When Julia saw the blood (mind you, she's been all smiley and low-key up to this point) she FREAKED out big time. She starts screaming and crying and trying to put her finger in her mouth, up her nose, anywhere so she didn't have to see the blood. So, I'm trying to get her to calm down, wipe the blood off and get the stinking band-aid on. I kind of wrap my arms and legs around her like a pretzel, talk very calm and softly in her ear, and get the band-aid on. Julia takes one look at that band-aid and screams even LOUDER than before. By now, I am frazzled and starting to rush a bit because we have to go get Elisabeth from school. So, I improvize, stick a sock on her hand so she can't see the band-aid and try to take it off. Julia looks at the sock, looks at me, smiles and starts for the door to get in her stroller. She then proceeds to wear the sock for the rest of the day and screaming uncontrollably if we at all attempt to take the sock off for things like eating or bed time. The girl is so weird. She did let me take it off in the morning with just a few whimpers at the sight of the band-aid, but I took that off too. She is fully recovered now.


And lastly, here's pictures from one of the playdates with our Mommy group last week at a place called Little Monkey Bizness. Julia loved it and I did too because it had a coffee shop inside the place! Sweet!





This little girl is only about 1.5 months younger than Julia, but Julia could totally eat her for a snack.

Guess what--Evan and I are going out tonight with some of his friends and we are NOT taking the girls!!!!!!! Their favorite babysitter, Hannah, is coming over and Elisabeth is soooo excited. I am too. It's been a while since Evan and I have gone out with other grown ups without Chip and Dale accompanying us. Yeah for grown-ups!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment