Thursday, December 10, 2009

It's a tradition!

It all started with Elisabeth and these jammies.

She received them as a present from Evan's best friend, Andy, when Elisabeth was fresh from the hospital. I'm sure he wasn't thinking about starting a new holiday tradition for my child. I'm sure he was thinking that he shouldn't show up to see the new baby without a gift. He knows proper etiquette. So, he picked up some Christmas jammies and came to visit.

Well, I decided that she should have new Christmas Eve pajamas every year. So, I'd go out and purchase some new ones and make a giant deal about how she couldn't wear them until Christmas Eve. I have a habit of making big deals about silly things. Remind me to tell you about St. Patrick's Day some time. (Ugh.)

So, Elisabeth has been bugging me about when I'll be buying her Christmas Eve jammies. She's concerned that I'll forget. Or the stores will run out. And don't forget that Julia needs them too. (See? You make a few forgetful mistakes, and all of a sudden your 7 year old becomes worried you'll forget other things.) (Oh, and I totally remembered to take the trash to the curb today. Please hold your applause).

Well, no worries, Ebeth! Julia and I ventured out to Old Navy today and I bought Christmas Eve pajamas! So, now the girls will be ready to leave out milk and cookies for Santa in the newest of new nighttime apparel!

Here are some pictures of Christmas Eve pajamas from years past!

Elisabeth 2005

Elisabeth 2006

Elisabeth 2007

Elisabeth and Julia 2008

2 comments:

  1. Santa's elves have been nice enough to drop off new PJ's for all and a DVD on Christmas Eve the last few years. I LOVE the 2005 jammies--will Julia get to wear them some day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, Julia will totally wear them. Of course, she'll still get new ones for Christmas Eve though. :) I got them at Old Navy that year. I love their pjs in a bag. Too bad Ebeth is too old for them now. :(

    ReplyDelete