I am sure most of you know about the second earthquake that hit Haiti this morning. To say that this news is devastating is just not strong enough. I don't know if there are even words to describe how harrowing the whole thing is.
Elisabeth has been asking to help. She has such a big heart. I told her that the only way we'd be able to help is to give money to the people who are already down there doing as much as they can for the country. Thankfully, we have a direct source that we can help support.
I have a lovely friend here in Colorado whose family is helping out down there. They have a greenhouse/clinic down there that her grandfather started in 1981. He started a greenhouse to educate the Haitians on proper farming techniques. It is still fully operational and now has a clinic as well. After the first earthquake, Double Harvest was able to help the surrounding areas that were affected.
If you have a chance, please visit their website. They are doing amazing things down there, are receiving lots of donations of money, time and expertise for their clinic. If you would like to donate money or anything else, they have links on their website where you can help.
http://www.doubleharvest.org/
No comments:
Post a Comment