Thursday, April 22, 2010

Cars.

For those of you who don't know him well, my husband loves cars. Loves. I'd say next to me and the girls, Evan loves cars more than anything else in the world. Which is why I have been to more cars shows since meeting Evan than I think any non-car lover should go to.

So, when he found out that Denver has an annual car show, he wrote it on the calendar and told me to make no other plans for the day. Our friend offered to watch the girls for us (you know, so we could actually do something alone as a couple...ah, alone...), but when we asked Elisabeth what she wanted to do, she said, "I want to go to the car show because it's important to Daddy and he went to the American Girl store with me." How can you not love that girl?

So, we all went to the Denver Auto Show. It was held in the Colorado Convention Center, which we had never been to before. (We haven't really explored Denver very much. Don't tell anyone.) We were greeted by this:
Yes, he is a giant blue bear. Yes, I did love him instantly. Why do you ask?
No, really, I loved him. I even cornered one of the employees of the center to talk about the giant blue bear. Yes, she did stare at me like I was a freak. Why do you ask?
Anyway, back to cars...

I was greatly intrigued by this ad for a carseat from 1962.
*shudder*


Can I please tell you how much Julia loved having free reign to sit in and explore every car she saw? She is her father's child.
I was very interested in the Ford Flex. We were thinking about one when we bought our Taurus, but they didn't have any that were in our price range.
I still really really like them. When/If we have baby #3, it's the car I want. We put the girls in to see how they'd fit (with PLENTY of room!!!).
Then I checked out the trunk.
I'm sorry. I must have downloaded the wrong picture. Not that that isn't a nice trunk as well...


Elisabeth likes to look for new trucks for Evan's dad. Of course, this white one wouldn't do because it wasn't red.

The girls playing with free toys from the vendors.
Though she was having an absolute blast, Julia needed some down time.


Then we found the motorcycles, which Julia calls bikes.

Elisabeth was a little tentative about getting on.
I love this picture.
Julia thought this was a huge step going from the black mat to the carpet and would make a giant production about getting "down".
She also "read" this car book and kept running into people because she wouldn't put it down.
Julia is a safety advocate.


Elisabeth is such a good big sister and would (try to) carry Julia around for us.

Elisabeth loved this car.

Me? I have a soft spot for Camaros.

The girls were fantastic the entire trip, even with the fact that they wouldn't allow drinks on the show floor and my girls are always thirsty. It was fun.

And I have no idea why she made this face on the way home, but it makes me laugh every time I see it!

3 comments:

  1. i love you. the trunk picture is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are too cute. I love the 1962 car seat. I can just hear the chorus of "And you turned out JUST FINE" Looks like fun (and Jack is totally obsessed with bears and would LOVE that big blue one)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ethan has been making that face for the past week. Not even kidding.

    ReplyDelete