I am longing for fall. I am longing for it with everything I have.
Yes, I know. It's not like Colorado is super hot with terrible humidity. We are super lucky in that aspect. I'm not complaining about summer here. We've had a great summer weather wise. But, I'm just not a summer person. I enjoy all the free time and the laziness of summer days, but it's just not my favorite season. Even with Colorado's perfect summer weather, I still view summer as the lesser of seasons.
But, fall? Ooh, I love fall. Not only is it my birthday season, but I love everything about it. I love the cooler weather. I like wearing sweaters. I like pumpkins and apple pickin' time and leaves changing colors. I like soups, stews and chili. I like apple cider. I like warm oranges and reds and dark purples that make up the colors of my fall wardrobe. I like my fall decorations that I put up in the house.
I'm impatient.
Elisabeth loves school. She also loves choosing her clothes for school. She's getting really good and coordinating her clothing.
She also is never home. I'm not kidding. She leaves for school at 8:00, comes home around 3:45, eats a snack, does her homework and is out the door to play with her friends 5 houses down until supper time. Sometimes, I have to ask her to hang out so we remember what she looks like.
Honestly, Elisabeth would spend 2 weeks at someone else's house without batting an eye. She is just so social. She had her first sleepover when she was barely 4 years old at her friend Avery's house. She waved at us as she bounded up to the their door. We had to call her back to get a kiss good-bye. When we lived in DeKalb, she's spend a whole week in Pekin all by herself. She is just so independent. And while I love that part about her, I also like to feel as if, you know, she actually does miss us. Her family. Every now and then, I hear from the people she is trying to move in with, that she misses us or asks for us. I think they are just just trying to humor me. She's going to move out when she's 18 and I'm going to have to be that pesky mom who calls to say, "Hey! You haven't called me in days! Are you alive?"Here are some pictures of the girls at the airport waiting for Evan last week.








No comments:
Post a Comment