Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Virtual Coffee

Hi! It's Tuesday, which, of course, means it's time for our virtual coffee date. Ooh, and don't forget to check out all the other coffee dates going on over at Amy's Lucky Number 13!!

I love Tuesdays. I really do.

If we were really meeting at my house for coffee today...you'd be racing into my house to get out of that cold rain. The high today is 58 degrees and it's supposed to rain pretty much all day. I love it!!! Rain is one of my favorite things and I have missed it. Plus, it was so dark and cloudy this morning, both girls slept past 8:30. No complaints here. Then I would apologize for the state of my kitchen, but last night it was either clean the kitchen or finish my book. You can see what won.
While I poured you some coffee...I would tell you that both girls are home because Elisabeth is on her fall break. For two weeks. Her school is considered year long, so she gets a long break in October, December and March. She enjoys it and I think I have enough things planned that she won't get bored (aka: start begging for tv all day because she has nothing better to do). She's been tackling the projects in her craft drawer that she forgot were even there. She has also decided that she is going to turn the upstairs play area into a preschool for Julia. Every day, she drags Julia upstairs to learn her numbers, letters, have calendar time and a snack. Elisabeth is all business about it, to the point that sometimes Julia comes downstairs whimpering because she just wants to play and doesn't want to be in school. So, I've talked to Elisabeth about how there's a reason 2 year olds aren't in preschool and that it's okay to play school if Julia's willing (which is about 50% of the time) but that she can't make Julia play school or Julia's not going to want to play with Elisabeth at all anymore. Then, Elisabeth said, "But, Mom, I want her to be the smartest preschooler when she starts school next year." Can't argue with that logic. :)
If you were really here for coffee...I'd tell you that I'm in a bake-y mood today. I foresee banana and pumpkin bread in the near future and two little girls more than happy to sample them for me. I love the way homemade bread smells in my kitchen.
After I offered you seconds on coffee...I would tell you I'm trying to be more positive--in the way I think, the way I act, the things I do and say. Especially with this whole weight loss thing. I haven't heard back on my blood work yet (which reminds me, I should follow up on that today) and I do have my appointment in 2 weeks with the nutritionist. I'm trying to not make my unhappiness with this whole thing affect everything else in my life. I'm trying to stay positive, be positive and make positive decisions. It's hard. Surprisingly hard. It is amazing how negative thoughts can sneak in and bleed to all other thoughts. And I find that more often than not I'm just very frustrated and depressed about the whole thing.
We would chit chat about what's going on in your life. What your plans are for the week, for Halloween. We'd laugh and whisper so the girls wouldn't hear the occasional grown up topic. We'd sit long past our final sips of coffee.
As you were leaving...I'd tell you how glad I am you stopped by. Nothing's better than a friend to share coffee with on a rainy autumn morning.

4 comments:

  1. Love those leaf pictures!
    It's so hard to stay positive... but there are so very many benefits. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are beautiful! Thanks for sharing coffee and life today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am wondering what book was so good that you neglected your kitchen? :) I do that too when I am caught up in a good book! We have had an unbelievably beautiful fall here, with lots of sunshine, which helps keep me out of the doldrums. Hopefully having coffee can help all of us stay positive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so hard to stay positive sometimes, it's been a challenge for me lately too, but I just keep trying to steer my thoughts in the direction I'm headed. You'll get there! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete