Sunday, June 7, 2020

Rockford Rotary Country Forest Preserve

I am almost two weeks late in blogging about the last hike we went on! It might be one of my favorite ones yet! 

We went on Monday, May 25 (Memorial Day) since Evan didn't have to work. I can't even describe how green everything was!


We found worms to save.




It was so muddy.







The children truly love fallen trees, but fallen trees that are covering the path that we are forced to all climb over are their favoritest.

These two...


Look at this root system! So awesome!


These little mushrooms I found I had never seen before. I did some googling and they are called Scarlet Elf's Caps.

I really do love to take pictures of the roots of fallen trees.

More worms.





Typical me.


There was a huge field in between the trees. It's definitely a place for campers.





We were originally aiming to find the river, but Thomas had a sore on his foot that his shoe was starting to rub and the clouds started to look ominous, so we turned around to head back to the car. We'll definitely have to try to make it to the river next time.





Once we said we were headed back to the car, Vivian took the lead aka left us all behind like she didn't belong to us.

His ears are my favorite.



We didn't go hiking last weekend. It was beautiful outside, but we had a lot of yard work we wanted to get done and the kids were all pretty dedicated to hanging out with the neighbors. So, we're going to go tomorrow, which is two weeks since the last hike, and the kids are ready to explore again.

No comments:

Post a Comment