Sunday, March 29, 2009

I am addicted to this blog....for reals.

So, I am predicting that I will not always blog daily...like by next week I'm sure I'll have forgotten to blog at all. However, since this is so simple and since my kids are so cute (not that I'm biased at all), I choose to at least keep you updated on the happenings of this month. Aren't you so excite?!


So, we woke up this morning to snow...seriously, I'm so done with winter. This is why old people move south (and by old people, I mean birds). I'm totally getting a condo in Florida and high tailing it there every September-April when I get old (and by old, I mean 30). Ebeth was so excited by the "Winter Wonderland" (which she called it at least 14 times on the car ride to church) but she's only 6 and her opinion on cold weather does not count what-so-ever.

Since I am mad at the weather, I shall post pictures of our recent trip to Nashville, TN to see Evan. My lovely and bestest friend ever, Melissa Danz, accompanied the girls and I on our trip. We drove down Friday morning, leaving at 9:00AM and arriving in Nashville around 5:30PM. I have been so lucky in that the girls are excellent in the car. They thoroughly entertain each other, and for that I am so thankful, because otherwise I'd most likely be hysterical the entire time. Evan didn't get there till around 10:00PM, but Ebeth stayed up long enough to see him. We spent Saturday hanging out at the hotel, going to the Country Music Museum and the Nashville Zoo. Now, for those who don't know me well, I LOVE zoos. I do not exaggerate. I try to visit a zoo as often as possible in any and every new town we visit. This zoo was lovely, but St. Louis is still my ultimate favorite. Anywhoo, we ate at two great restaurants--Jack's BBQ in downtown Nashville and Caney's Fork Fish Camp. Ebeth loved loved loved the fish place. There was a 3100 gallon pond in the middle, live music, and dead animals all over the walls. Totally her type of place. As much as I love seeing my husband (since I can't see him daily, which does suck, incase you were wondering), just getting him for the weekend was just not enough. If only I didn't like him so much...
We made a pit stop at Metropolis, IL to see the giant statue of Superman. We were not disappointed.
The giant pond I spoke of.
Ebeth talked Mel into dancing with her to the live music. Yes, they were the only ones dancing...does that surprise you?
Ebeth took this picture of us. Look how ecstatic Julia is about seeing Ebeth behind the camera.
At the meerkat viewing area. So cool.
Julia pointing at the fish. She was way jealous that she, too, couldn't swim.

Such hams, those EJBs.
Julia was all about eating the table. She did it all night.

Checking out the dead animals.
Julia is a fan of baths.

No comments:

Post a Comment