Saturday, October 3, 2009

My name is Virginia, and I have a reading problem

So, as you may have noticed from my list of books to your right, I have been reading a lot lately. And, yes, in case you were curious, it is driving Evan crazy. :)

I can't seem to read enough. I would literally be doing it all day if I didn't have other responsibilities (and Evan will tell you that I've definitely ignored the world and my responsibilities).

Now, as you also may have noticed, I have read all four books of the Twilight series....in less than 2 weeks. I had originally been avoiding reading them because I had heard that they were an excellent read and once you started, you wouldn't want to put it down. Well, I know me pretty well, and I do that with pretty much any book I'm reading, so I knew that starting Twilight would mean dedicating a whole day to the book. So, a couple of weeks ago I broke down and bought the book. I waited until Julia had gone down for her nap and I started reading it. I finished it that night before bed. To say I was hooked is an understatement. I don't even know how to describe it. The book is about a teenage girl who ends up falling for a vampire. Not your normal love story, to say the least. But, the way it's written is more of a story telling than writing. I feel like I'm there. As one of my friends put it when she'd misplaced the book recently, "I panicked. I felt like I was going to miss something if I didn't find it and start reading again." Yep. That's it. I felt like I was watching another world instead of reading a novel. So, after the first one I was craving the others. Thankfully, I know some very addicted fans around here and they hooked me up. I read the other three like it was my job.

And now...it's over. The second movie comes out next month and I can not wait. Literally. I will reread them again, I know I will. But, I just can't put into words what it is about this saga that has me wishing there were more books coming out. I've been told of another vampire series that will hold me over as I basically go through withdrawal, so I have it on hold in the library. It's the series that is the basis for the HBO series True Blood. There are at least 5 books in this series and more on the way. We'll see. Because right now, all I need is Bella, Edward and Jacob. Oh, and Alice. I stinking love Alice.

So, for those of you who have not read the series yet--what the problem? You too good to read a series and love it more than eating, sleeping or bathing? Try it. You'll like it.

For those of you with my new addiction (my lovely cousins Colette and Jamie, I am thinking of you...), seriously, I may start them again in a week. I may have to join a fan club and talk vampire/werewolf talk. I may wish I had a special vampire power. I may be a completely lost cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment