Hello! I can't believe it's already Tuesday. I'm sorry, where did the time go again?
Well, let's link up with the lovely Amy over at Lucky Number 13 again for some virtual coffee.
If you were really coming over to my house for coffee today... I would actually want to sit outside and drink it. It is yet again another gorgeous fall day here. I am absolutely loving it.
I would tell you that we went to a pumpkin patch this weekend. I plan on posting about it later, but the girls had so much fun. We didn't go at all last year and I wanted to make sure we did this year because Julia is at that perfect age for exploring pumpkins and all kinds of fall things.
If we were really having coffee today... I would tell you that yesterday, I lost it. Again. That Julia was so overwhelming that I cried and begged Evan to come home on time. I then left for a while so I could be by myself. She is just so much sometimes. And her love language is totally touch and mine is so totally not that at times I am just on sensory overload. Plus, she does things like this:
Oh, yeah. She's running an entire thing of yarn around my kitchen island. That was last week.
Oh, yeah. She's running an entire thing of yarn around my kitchen island. That was last week.I really try to keep it together though, because, dag-nabit, the girl is so stinking lovable.
She's funny and sweet. She's just so totally two years old right now that it makes me want to pull my hair out. I keep reminding myself that I will (eventually) miss all of this. Not yesterday though.
As we sipped our coffee outside...I would tell you that I did a lot of canning this weekend. Well, I observed and helped. I've always wanted to learn and am lucky enough to be surrounded by friends here who know how and were willing to let me stand in their kitchens for a few hours and stare at them and ask lots of questions. I have some prickly pear jelly to make on my own today. I'm actually quite excited. I am such a cooking dork.
She's funny and sweet. She's just so totally two years old right now that it makes me want to pull my hair out. I keep reminding myself that I will (eventually) miss all of this. Not yesterday though.
As we sipped our coffee outside...I would tell you that I did a lot of canning this weekend. Well, I observed and helped. I've always wanted to learn and am lucky enough to be surrounded by friends here who know how and were willing to let me stand in their kitchens for a few hours and stare at them and ask lots of questions. I have some prickly pear jelly to make on my own today. I'm actually quite excited. I am such a cooking dork.
I would also mention that may cat, Roosevelt, has been escaping every day and roaming our neighborhood. He also has managed to take off his third collar and lose it somehow. I swear he is a genius.
As we were saying our goodbyes and I was thanking you for listening to me whine about the toll of parenting...I would try to sneak into your car with you. The girls can fend for themselves today, right?No?
Oh. Well, then I guess I'll stay in the house with them. Maybe we could do some baking today. And there's always the park too. I guess I'll give the "Mommy" thing another go.
Your cat is probably a genius. I know mine is, but he's also a garfield. As in he is fat, sleepy, and loves to eat. <---- jealous of your canning lessons. Maybe next season (sigh) Coffee was delightful as always. I enjoy coming by and saying hello!
ReplyDeleteThe terrible 2s are going around. Yesterday was out-of-this-world crazy with Joseph, so I would commiserate with you. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteI so hear you... my kids talk non stop, and it really is sensory overload. (I can't help but laugh at the yarn picture... oh my word...)
ReplyDeleteHang in there!!
Wow that was a lot of yarn! Did it at least keep her busy for a while while you cooked some jelly? :)
ReplyDeletei think we all loose it sometime!
ReplyDelete