I didn't know if you knew this or not, but keeping 4 children of varying ages happy and busy is a key to a successful visit. So, because the weather cooperated about 75% of the time, we tried to fill our days with activities that would wear the children out, have them exhausted and ready for bed on time so we could actually all sit around for grown-up tv viewing...oh, and to create memories.
Yeah, probably should have led with the creating memories part so you'd think me a better parent...
We started with bowling on base. Neither Ethan nor Julia had ever bowled before. They both did a great job taking turns and chasing each other around the bowling alley.




We made a trip to Lil Biggs again (as we did last year). Lil Biggs had changed things around though, and instead of all the dress up stations, it's now all bounce houses. Thankfully they still had a few arcade games and the sand area.










We went to the Garden of the Gods on the warmest day of their visit. I promised the kids that there would be rocks to climb and dirt to dig. I did not lie and they were thrilled.
























And what New Year's celebration could be complete without the breaking of the gingerbread house? Or "damaging" the house, as Ethan kept referring to it as. Of course, we dressed the kiddos in their matching gingerbread jammies their Nina bought for all of them. How stinking cute are they?
















Visits like this make me sad we don't live closer to home.
Visits like this also remind me why I don't have kids any closer in age than less than 3 years apart. I'm just saying.
No comments:
Post a Comment