I scampered out in my jammers a week or so ago and took a whole bunch of pictures of this frozen snow. I'm sure my neighbors were all so thankful for my classy pajama attire and my prancing around in their yards with my camera taking pictures of their trees.
I'm a fabulous neighbor. You should all wish to live near me.
This morning, before Evan left for work, he made coffee. He made enough for me as well. I almost chased down his car to shower him with kisses. I'm thinking about asking him to make it every morning for me. I was much more cheerful and chipper to be parenting my children when there was no wait for the coffee. I then drank that coffee like it was the elixir of life and I may have to make more.
I have made a decision not to buy any more books until after we've moved. I know, I know, that seems like such a drastic move on my part. How will I survive? Quite easily since I still have a few borrowed books I need to finish and return to their owners and enough recent bargain book purchases to last me a while in Texas while I sit at whatever new home we have and cry and sob that I have no friends and only my little sister to entertain me and how can she entertain me now when she did such a poor job of it when we were kids but she's all I have so I'll have to stalk her until she doesn't want to hang out with me anymore and then I'll really just have my books to keep me company.Sob.
As I've mentioned, I've been frantically cleaning out closets and cabinets and trying to organize our things before the move. I've been really focusing on Elisabeth's room because the girl was born with no cleaning skills WHAT SO EVER and I'm trying to help the kid out. So, we've been getting rid of unneeded things and garbage and clothes that are too small. (4 garbage bags full so far of all those things. Four.) Anyway, I was tackling the girls' bathroom and linen closet upstairs and Julia was up there too (since I am not allowed out of her line of sight EVER) when I noticed that Julia was no longer trying to make the cat sleep in her baby doll bed. So, I venture into Elisabeth's room to find Julia has squeezed an entire travel sized container of lotion into one of Elisabeth's play hats and is smearing it on the tall mirror, the carpet, her clothing, the wall.
As I've mentioned, I've been frantically cleaning out closets and cabinets and trying to organize our things before the move. I've been really focusing on Elisabeth's room because the girl was born with no cleaning skills WHAT SO EVER and I'm trying to help the kid out. So, we've been getting rid of unneeded things and garbage and clothes that are too small. (4 garbage bags full so far of all those things. Four.) Anyway, I was tackling the girls' bathroom and linen closet upstairs and Julia was up there too (since I am not allowed out of her line of sight EVER) when I noticed that Julia was no longer trying to make the cat sleep in her baby doll bed. So, I venture into Elisabeth's room to find Julia has squeezed an entire travel sized container of lotion into one of Elisabeth's play hats and is smearing it on the tall mirror, the carpet, her clothing, the wall.I about lost my sh*t.
Julia also smeared her yogurt all over her arms and the kitchen table at lunch while I used the bathroom and then was smearing salad dressing on her cup at dinner. I hightailed it to book club last night to pretend that I am not really a mommy and vowed to bring out the finger paints today.
Swim lessons start this Saturday. Elisabeth is super excited since it's been about a year since she was last in them. I haven't told Julia yet because she doesn't know her days of the week yet and she'll just ask me every half hour if it's time to swim yet. The lovely thing is that since it's on Saturdays, Evan can participate in the parent/child class with Julia too.
This week begins Girl Scout Cookie selling week. Elisabeth would like to go door to door. I'm not so excited about that idea because that means I have to go with her and stand in the cold. But, while talking to others about how she'll be selling cookies this year, lots of people have said that they used to have Girl Scouts come to their door and they haven't in a few years and they wish that they'd come back. So, maybe I'll let her walk up and down our street to the neighbors we know by name or at least by face. Evan's already given his order. Thin mints and Shortbread. Me? I like those Samoas. Mmmm...
Yep. Definitely going to have to make more coffee.
I haven't tackled Evan and my's closet yet. First off, it's kind of a giant mess because Julia feels that when it's clean, she needs to trash it and I got tired of picking it up after her. I also tend to change my mind about my clothing and just leave the discarded clothes all over the floor. (Hey! I'm not denying that Elisabeth's lack of cleaning skills weren't inherited.) When I do finally decide to start going through it, I should probably go through my clothes and get rid of the ones I haven't worn in over a year. But, the frustrating thing about that is that some of those clothes are ones that don't fit that used to fit that I'd like to fit again. I'd like to think that some day I will get myself into gear and be able to actually wear some of those fantastic shirts and pants and skirts again...but do I need to keep all those old clothes? Maybe just a few pieces? It's all quite depressing. I'll leave that closet for last. Yeah, I'll organize that closet in May.
Julia also smeared her yogurt all over her arms and the kitchen table at lunch while I used the bathroom and then was smearing salad dressing on her cup at dinner. I hightailed it to book club last night to pretend that I am not really a mommy and vowed to bring out the finger paints today.
Swim lessons start this Saturday. Elisabeth is super excited since it's been about a year since she was last in them. I haven't told Julia yet because she doesn't know her days of the week yet and she'll just ask me every half hour if it's time to swim yet. The lovely thing is that since it's on Saturdays, Evan can participate in the parent/child class with Julia too.
This week begins Girl Scout Cookie selling week. Elisabeth would like to go door to door. I'm not so excited about that idea because that means I have to go with her and stand in the cold. But, while talking to others about how she'll be selling cookies this year, lots of people have said that they used to have Girl Scouts come to their door and they haven't in a few years and they wish that they'd come back. So, maybe I'll let her walk up and down our street to the neighbors we know by name or at least by face. Evan's already given his order. Thin mints and Shortbread. Me? I like those Samoas. Mmmm...
Yep. Definitely going to have to make more coffee.
I haven't tackled Evan and my's closet yet. First off, it's kind of a giant mess because Julia feels that when it's clean, she needs to trash it and I got tired of picking it up after her. I also tend to change my mind about my clothing and just leave the discarded clothes all over the floor. (Hey! I'm not denying that Elisabeth's lack of cleaning skills weren't inherited.) When I do finally decide to start going through it, I should probably go through my clothes and get rid of the ones I haven't worn in over a year. But, the frustrating thing about that is that some of those clothes are ones that don't fit that used to fit that I'd like to fit again. I'd like to think that some day I will get myself into gear and be able to actually wear some of those fantastic shirts and pants and skirts again...but do I need to keep all those old clothes? Maybe just a few pieces? It's all quite depressing. I'll leave that closet for last. Yeah, I'll organize that closet in May.
I love reading your blogs. I can tell you had coffee with this one!
ReplyDeleteYour pictures are beautiful!! The snow looks so pristine and diamond-like. I especially love the last 3 shots.
ReplyDeleteAnd not buying books . . . well let's just say that with a PhD student in the house (my husband) I'm really trying to get everything I need at the library, because our bookshelves are almost to capacity. Gulp. =)