Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Virtual Coffee

I know, I know. It's Wednesday and our coffee dates are scheduled for Tuesdays. I do apologize.

But, I'm so glad you could make it.

Yesterday, I spent the day in Denver. I went to a new-to-me book store called The Bookies. My friend Rachel has talked about this bookstore for ages and how I'd love it. She, of course, was correct. If you get a chance to check out their website, please read how The Bookies started. It's such a cute story.

So, we browsed the books and oohed and ahhed. Then we ate at a lovely Thai restaurant. It was a nice day. I love nice days.

Now, I'm going to sit back and listen to you for a while. What are you up to? How is the weather where you are? Any flowers on the trees yet? In your garden? Whatcha reading?

I don't know what it is, but I'm feeling bleh today. Not motivated to do anything. Frustrated with my weight loss journey. Feeling grumpy. We all have these days and I'm not going to apologize for it because why should I apologize for how I'm feeling? I can't control it and as long as I'm not slapping you (my guest) in the face and calling you names, there's no reason for me to apologize for feeling bleh. And why do we need to apologize for grumpy moods anyway? As long as you warn the people who live in your house (which I definitely try to do) and you aren't mean and rude on purpose, then you should be allowed to wallow in your current grumpy state until it passes. I always tell the girls that it's okay to be mad/angry/sad/frustrated/grumpy, but it's not ok to be rude or disrespectful while in those moods (something I am also working on, thankyouverymuch).

Now, I am going to try to bring myself out of the bleh-ness by getting out of my house and enjoying the outside. It's hard to feel bleh when you're sitting in the sun, you know?

Thanks for stopping by. And please stop by the lovely Amy at Lucky Number 13 who is so kind to host us all every Tuesday for coffee.

1 comment: