Friday, January 28, 2011

I heart you sunshine and balmy temps.

The high today in lovely Colorado Springs is 61 degrees. I am so relieved for the sunlight and the chance to be outside. I believe a park day is in order.
We are leaving tonight to go to Chalk Cliffs Hot Springs. Our lovely friend Kim and her husband rented a house for the weekend to celebrate her birthday and they invited friends to come and stay Friday night with them. I will not lie, I am giddy with excitement. Kim has talked about this place before and how much her family loves it. We're bringing the kiddos and Rachel and her brood will be there too. Do not fear, I will totally have my camera fully charged.
I have been very bake-y lately. I'm in the mood to experiment with new recipes, so I'm slowly trying out new things. I should look into a part time job just to fund my bake-yness. Like a "Pantry Fund". Hm...that's not a bad idea. I could have endless rows of flour, sugar, canned tomatoes, vinegars and cooking wines, spices, broths...ooh...I like this idea.
July is creeping up on me. It's taunting me with thoughts like "You get to explore Texas soon!" and "You'll be leaving Colorado in a matter of months." July is being a bully about it. And, one of the major thoughts that keeps randomly popping into my head is "How in the world will the cats do on a two day trip?!?!". Obviously, that's a super pressing matter. Well, I guess it is for the cats, isn't it?

5 comments:

  1. good luck moving your cats! I took mine from Oklahoma to Washington... For me, it was like having two screaming babies in the back seat. NEVER AGAIN! :D ~ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judging by how much they love each other, I'd be tempted to put both cats in the same crate. It might be cozy, but at least they know that they're in this trauma together. My cat Pepper was never a car cat--she was petrified each time, so even the move from Pekin to Tremont was a big deal. And then she hid for a day or so once she got to the new house. But then, everything was rosy...and she never once tried to go outside at the new house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, that's what I'm thinking, Nancy. If we put them in the same carrier and give them a little "kitty cat car driving medicine" then maybe it won't be as traumatizing. Of course, when we get there, we'll be staying with my sister for a few days and she has 2 dogs and 1 cat. So, there'll be that too.

    Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pout. I don't want you to leave Colorado, even if I don't live there! When we moved xcountry with two cats, we had success making the back seat a little cat habitat by blocking it off, putting a sheet over the seat, and giving them a litter box, food and water. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhhh....61*!!!!!???? that sounds like heaven to me right now. and a get-away? have a wonderful time, that sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete