Friday, November 12, 2010

a few of my favorite things...

1. Nephews. Red headed ones with freckles and blue eyes and cheeks that need kisses from their Aunt Ginia pronto! (I also love their mommy who sends me pictures of them daily.)
2. Stickers. They entertain, they can be put anywhere on your body and look stylish. They are a conversation starter. They keeps small children quiet for hours. Elisabeth loved them when she was 2.5. She spent an entire family reunion plastering herself with stickers.
3. Baths. Especially when they are for babies. I don't know what kind of perfume crack they put in Johnson&Johnson baby shampoo, but I could huff babies for hours.
4. Duct tape. It's a fantastic invention. I can't find ours.
5. Cousins. I can not wait until they are all grown-ups and we can whip out baby books that I've made (for all of them...I heart making scrapbooks) and we can ooh and aah over their cuteness. And then compare how much they still look like their baby selves. And to see how much taller Ethan and Owen will be compared to my girls.
6. Babies. I love babies. I'm not a fan of the endless crying or the lack of sleep or the learning to nurse or the odd infant poopy diapers, but I do love babies.
7. Kitchens. I like my kitchen. I like it more than the one I had in DeKalb. I like being in the kitchen. I like cooking in the kitchen. I like all the things I have in my kitchen. I do not like having to clean the kitchen. However, I do like a clean kitchen.
8. I like taking pictures of crying babies. I don't know why. Perhaps I'm a bully.
9. I like seeing glimpses of what the girls are going to look like as adults. I don't like it all the time, mind you, because that's very far away from now. Every now and then, though, I catch a small peek of just how beautiful they'll be when they're women.
10. Evan. He makes me laugh. Like in this picture. Look at his face. He went down the slide and between the bumps and being shocked with static electricity, he screamed out in pain the whole way down. Best day ever.
11. Naps. I took one today. Evan and the girls are taking one now. We still have the plague in our house, but we're starting to re-cooperate. Oddly enough, Julia, the one who is normally the illest of us, has not been sick. Knock on wood.

Crap. Now I've jinxed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment