We woke up yesterday morning to a surprising almost 2 inches of snow. Elisabeth was very eager to get out and play in it, so after Julia had taken a nap, we put the girls in their snow gear and headed out doors. (Thanks Memaw and Pepaw for the new boots!) This would be Julia's first real romp in the snow, so she seemed a bit concerned with how much snow clothing was being put on her.

Elisabeth supported Julia emotionally through the process by pretending to need help too.

Julia was the wobbliest thing in boots ever!!! But, she seemed to like stomping in the snow.

Except when Elisabeth would come anywhere near her.

Ebeth rolling.


Julia fell a lot and always face first. Evan informed me later that her feet weren't all the way in her boots. Oops.

This is Elisabeth not seeming to understand the words, "Don't throw snow at Mommy!"



Can you believe that Evan and I actually were arguing over who got to shovel the driveway? I said I wanted to since I'd never really shoveled before and it's excellent exercise and I don't enjoy playing snow ball fight. Evan didn't want the neighbors the think he was an jerk for making his wife shovel while he watched. Obviously, I shoveled the driveway. Jerk.

Look at those rosy cheeks! One of the moms from one of my mommy boards mentioned a snow day rule they have--whatever the temperature it is outside is how many minutes you can play. How fantastic is that?! It was around 35 degrees yesterday, so we only stayed out for about half an hour!

Evan and Ebeth shoveled a path on the deck for us to take trash out. Julia cheered them on.


We rewarded our snow play with hot chocolate, soup and chili for lunch! Don't worry, it's supposed to get in the 50s by tomorrow, so this snow should all be gone by Wednesday!
SO CUTE! Jack was all blue (instead of pink) and puffy and wobbly last year-- very "A Christmas Story"
ReplyDeleteKind of jealous that you already have snow (and I will happily punch myself for saying this mid-march when we are still covered up in the stuff)-- I think I am going to steal a tradition I read about in Parents this month and make fudge every winter for the first snow of the season.